Saturday, March 28, 2009

#2 Pointers from Lifelong Learners

I was impressed with the tutorial powerpoint presentation on the 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners. It was nicely displayed, and the narration gave the feeling of having a teacher in the room with me. After high school, I worked in the business field for eleven years. Then I decided to go to college to become a teacher. I was married with a toddler and pregnant with our second child. When I graduated from college, my two little girls and husband, along with many other family members, sat in the bleachers to watch my graduation. I was proud that I had accomplished my dream of a college education. I became employed at a public school, and quickly enrolled in a Master's of Education program. Then I began a Master of Library Science program. I faced many challenges as a young mother, wife, teacher, and student to receive my degrees, but it was worth it. Now, as a new librarian, I continue to challenge myself to keep up with new information skills. This program will be a big help to accomplish that goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment