Thursday, April 9, 2009
#8 & #9 RSS
I set up RSS feeds in my igoogle account under the Google Reader. I must say this was the most frustrating application of the Web 2.0 class so far. I love my igoogle page, but it takes a terribly long time to load and as I was working with the Google Reader, if I made a mistake, or had to go back, it took so much time. I added the Shifted Librarian to my RSS feed, and also the Library Comics listed on the Web 2.0 page. I then went to Google's choices and found many that I liked in cooking, exercise, news, and entertainment. So many that when I returned to the igoogle page there were 60 feeds waiting for me to read! Now this may become more of a chore than a pleasure! I'm the type of person who has to clean out her Outlook Inbox, delete photos off my camera as soon as they are downloaded, etc. I don't like to feel like I'm not keeping up with things. So, I don't know if I will like this RSS feed. I wanted to add our local newspaper, who had the icon for an RSS feed, but the Google Reader said it wasn't one. So, after trying that for several attempts, I was frustrated. This is my first day of Easter vacation and I've spent too much of it sitting in front of the computer. Time to move on to something else!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment